God is the Gospel

Today I read the introduction in the book God is the Gospel by John Piper. I was struck by this passage: "If you could have heaven, with no sickness, and with all the friends you ever had on earth, and all the food you ever liked, and all the leisure activities you ever enjoyed, and all the natural beauty you ever saw, all the physical pleasures you ever tasted, and no human conflict or any natural disasters, could you be satisfied with heaven, if Christ was not there?" I think as a Christian, my first thought was of course not! But as I really thought about it and examined my heart, I saw how ugly I am with sin. I am completely convicted of not longing to be with Christ and being way too comfortable on this Earth. Oh I pray that God would change my heart and make it worthy of Him!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home